Saturday, June 03, 2006

DNA - After Hrs - Bipasha Basu opts for a short cut! - Daily News & Analysis

Bipasha Basu says she's been wanting to chop her long mane for the longest time. "Even when I was small, my sisters and I used to have these long, thick plaits and I used to long to sport short hair. So when this opportunity came up, I said why not? Of course my designer Rocky S and my stylist Sapna Bhavnani pushed me into it. When she cut my long hair, I was a little scared. But later I liked what I saw. It's kind of cute. I'm bored with the same long straight hair that everybody in Bollywood is sporting."
Sapna Bhavnani of Mad-O-Wot says, "Bipasha is one of the few actors who's ready to keep changing her look all the time. Her role demanded that she sport short hair, but I didn't want her to wear a wig as most people do. Besides, it's the perfect summer cut." Sapna, who has also given a new look to Aishwarya Rai in 'Dhoom 2' says, "While actors are sporting modern looks, actresses are still stuck with that age-old straight 'chapta' look."
Bipasha adds that her directors, her mom and her sister "loved the new look." What about John Abraham? "He hasn't seen it as yet as he's on a world tour. John is the kind who likes long hair on women. He was very apprehensive and kept telling me to check it on the computer, before actually cutting the hair. But even if he doesn't like it, it's okay. He sports long hair, obviously not to please me, but to please himself!"

No comments: